SPS was founded in 1937 (click on 1937 to see what things were like back then) and is a photo club made up of people from the photographic novice to the professional, who share one thing in common... a love of photography.
Our group meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month, from September to May, at Reed's Landing in Springfield, MA. At our meetings, we enjoy each others company, discuss photographic techniques and engage in friendly intra-club competitions. Please view our Club Gallery.
The Club's activities include monthly programs, often of an instructional nature in a particular phase of photography and a monthly competition where members may submit their own photographic work for critique and viewing by other members. These programs are intended to entertain and educate our members in the art and science of photography. Also, there are various events and field trips throughout the year where members can share in picture taking opportunities.
SPS is a member club of the New England Camera Club Council (NECCC) and is also affiliated with the Photographic Society of America (PSA), an international organization which has affiliates throughout the world.
Guests are always welcome at our meetings. Please take a look at our Calendar and News and Information. You do not have to officially join our group in order to attend the majority of our meetings. Click here to join
We are now featuring photos from the recent SPS photo field trip to Hancock Shaker Village led by Fred LeBlanc. Click here for instructions on how to load your photos.
In the News
From NBC News 2012 best photos .
May 15 - Nominations for Officers and Board end
May 22 - Year end Banquet see Exposures for information
June 1 - End of year picnic
Happenings/Photo Ops in the coming months...
Photo Galleries and Information
- Digital Competition 2011/2012 - HM, HA and RU Photos - September October
- Cumulative Competition Scores as of February
- SPS Events - Schooner Race, Hilltown HDR Photo Trip
- Member Galleries - Patti Burnett, Barbara Brooks, Chris Laudani, Beckie Bragga, Rob Dugre, Jessica Connery, Mike Martin, Eileen Donelan, Dick Simmons, Cindy Nothe, Bob Baribeau, Stu Burnett, Jennifer Burnett, Gina Crimmins
- Exposures - Summer 2012, September, October November
News and Information
Optimization: Right or Wrong? Is your photo a little plain? Should you "tweek" it? Some thoughts... Click here to see the full story.
NECCC has started a blog entitled NECCC News as a new avenue for communicating with our member clubs. Click here to reach this blog.
- Click here or here for information that may help you with your black and white photos.
- How to Submit your Digital Entries Using Photoshop CS5.
Rob Dugre has made an instructional video on how to submit your digital entries using Photoshop CS5. Click here to view this. The basics are in this video so you can adapt them to the program that you use. Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks to SPS member Karl Jurgen for this link on taking better photos.
- Click here to learn how to take better Macro photos.
Photography - On Line
- Here is a great site for information on Photography. Thanks to Dick Malone for providing this.
- Some great nature photos, click here.
- Life Magazine photos click here.
- MSNBC The Year in Sports click here.
- MSNBC The Year in PICTURES Click here.
- Click here to see the NASA image of the day.
- Click here for photography news from around the world.
- Click here for Time Magazine's photo page.
Click here for the latest weather map.
To purchase equipment, SPS members can contact the Hadley manager, Shawn Davis @ 413 585-9430 for great prices and service. Just tell him you are a member of SPS!!