Welcome to the Springfield Photographic Society!
We are a group of photography fans that range from amateur to professional. We love to go out on photo field trips and have a good time and share what we know in order to help each other improve our craft. Read about how we started under ABOUT SPS. Please consider joining our club and attending our meetings. We'd love to meet you!
Photo challenges for the 2017-2018 season are below. Keep them in mind during the summer months. Print them out and put them in your camera bag!
September: leading lines
February: fruit or vegetable
March: starts with the Letter “t”
Mark your calendars! The 2017 NECCC Conference dates are July 14, 15 and 16. This will be a weekend filled with fun, friendship and learning. Further details will be provided as they come to us! New England Camera Club Conference 2017
- May 27 - Newly elected and appointed members to the Board for the 2017-2018 season have been updated under the Contact Us menu and the About SPS, Officers, directors and appointed positions. The Board will be working hard over the summer months to deliver a vibrant schedule of activities for club members from notice to advanced photographers.
- Parker River Field trip photos can be viewed at Parker River May Field Trip
- June 17 and throughout the summer - Larry Sanchez will be leading 'Saturday Walks around Springfield.' Details are on the calendar. Registration was required for the first one held on June 17th. If you would like to join Larry and get on his mailing list of locations email him at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- August 12 Saturday - Springfield Jazz and Roots Festival, Springfield. Great photo opportunity with great music! Springfield Jazz & Roots Festival 2017
- August 18, 19 20 - Heath Fair. Great photo op and great entertainment! http://www.heathfair.org/