Welcome to the Springfield Photographic Society!
We are a group of photography fans that range from amateur to professional. We love to go out on photo field trips and have a good time and share what we know in order to help each other improve our craft. Read about how we started under ABOUT SPS. Please consider joining our club and attending our meetings. We'd love to meet you!
Photo challenges for the 2017-2018 season are below. Keep them in mind during the summer months. Print them out and put them in your camera bag!
September: leading Lines
February: fruit or vegetable
March: starts with the Letter “t”
Mark your calendars! The 2017 NECCC Conference dates are July 14, 15 and 16. This will be a weekend filled with fun, friendship and learning. Further details will be provided as they come to us! New England Camera Club Conference 2017
- May 24 - Year End Banquet. Award winners will posted by early summer. The May Exhibition photos have been uploaded to the slideshow.
- May 27 - Newly elected and appointed members to the Board for the 2017-2018 season have been updated under the Contact Us menu and the About SPS, Officers, directors and appointed positions. The Board will be working hard over the summer months to deliver a vibrant schedule of activities for club members from notice to advanced photographers.
- Parker River Field trip photos can be viewed at Parker River May Field Trip
- June 3 - Kevin Kopchynski will lead a Nature Workshop at the Applewood Arboretum in Amherst. Participation is limited to 15. Cost: $15/sliding scale. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Applewood Arboretum.pdf
- June 8 - [rain date June 9] - Elizabeth Park, Hartford, CT field trip. Members have been emailed with description. Online registration required. 8 AM to early afternoon. Free admission.
- June 17 - Fred Leblanc is leading a day trip titled 'Sculpture in the Parks' on Saturday, June 17th with a rain date of Sunday, June 18th. Carpooling from Hunt's Photo across from B&N at Holyoke Crossing. Limited to 10 photographers. Fee is $40 and includes group permission to photograph in the park. Register by contacting Fred at fredleblanc@comcast. net